Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cakes from the chemistry group

While I was doing my research at the TU Berlin chemistry group, once every month, we always have a celebration adorned with cakes and tea. Oh boy, the cakes that I tasted there, were some of the best cakes I've had in my life. The quality of course is because of the freshness. They're all home, made without preservatives! But most important of all, there's so much love that they poured into the cake :P. Well, being a chemist of course help their abilities to mix and bake. Here are some of the highlights:

A moist and sweet nutella cake. One of the most chocolaty cake ever

nutella cake


The green cake made out of chopped spinach. Popeye will love this and because it's spinach (veggies and fiber) it's healthy and it's ok to eat more than 2 slices ;).

spinach cake


Our tablescape and the yellow cake in the middle is a typical German cheese cake

AK table

Schnitte-Apfel-Altbaerli

apple cream cake


Another look of the Schnitte-Apfel-Altbaerli ... I think this is a very German cake, I can't even find an english name for it, I'll just call it Apple Cream Cake. It's basically, a cake in the bottom with apple pudding topped with whipped cream. sounds really simple, but it 's one of the best cake I've ever ate. It's cakey, sweet and sour from the apple. But the best part is the fresh whipped cream.

Schnitte Altbaerli


A french tart au chocolat

tart au chocolat


look at the denseness of the chocolate cake ... It's not even a cake anymore, it's more like eating a chocolate bar with cake texture

tart au chocolat

After eating all these tasty cakes, no wonder I gained some weight =_="

No comments:

Post a Comment